Product Suggestions

We can’t do it all but we do like to focus our efforts on the ways we can make your job easier.

You can search through the suggestions that are already in the system to see if the one on your mind has already been suggested. If it has, vote for it! The number of votes will be one of the factors we consider as we plan ongoing upgrades to the software. You have a limited number of votes. You can use up to three votes on any one idea.

You might not hear back from us but you can be certain that we pay close attention to what you suggest.

THANK YOU for taking the time in providing us with this feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. If the volunteers emergency contact information could be accessed on a limited profile so not to compromise volunteers private information

I would like our Front of House staff to be able to locate emergency contact information for volunteers without having access to all their personal information. This is especially important at evenings and weekends.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Volunteer Profiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. API Access for Hours Raw Data report

Extend existing API data access to include Hours Raw Data. Currently all other data can be automated through API access which works great, however for some reason it doesn't allow the same for Hours data.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Daily option when scheduling activities

In addition to "weekly" and "monthly", it would be nice to have an option to have a "daily" recurring schedule. We have a lot of activities with shifts that are the same each day.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Activities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Please post confirmed Seasonal sign-ups on the MyImpact home page

Hi! For our programs, we have two different schedules- seasonal (weekends or longer) and shifts (a few hours). When one signs up for shifts, they are posted on a volunteer's MyImpact home page but seasonal events are not. Is there some way that seasonal events can be made visable on a volunteer's MyImpact home page? It would offer a more consistant confirmation.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  MyVolunteerPage.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. add a virtual suggestion box for volunteers to submit ideas

I don't feel like feedback fields are right for this. I'd like a general suggestion box for volunteers to leave suggestions for improvement. Kind of like this forum right here.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add Organization to the eLearning Modules notifications

When we get a notificationt that an eModule has been completed, it would be great to also know which organization that volunteer belongs to. This is especially helpful for teams with a large number of organizations.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Communications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Ability to highlight or flag a volunteers name

Our list of applicants is usually pretty long. It would be nice to have the ability to flag or highlight an applicants name for various reasons I have found. In our case we have mu7ltiple users for our database so being able to flag somebody's name would be helpful to indicate that person is being worked with in one way or another. We are not always ready to move an individual from applicant to another status right away and checking notes for 80 applicants is cumbersome. We need something that can help us at a glance rather than having to…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add area where volunteers could add their thanks, compliments, praise of other volunteers or staff as a way to highlight great actions.

Create a "board" or section where volunteers could add positive comments, compliments of other volunteers or staff, post a positive story/experience. Like a public bulletin board of sorts. A way to have volunteers, myself or staff be able to collect and share the positive things volunteers are doing. Going above and beyond, or being faithful in every day things.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Communications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Show Activities in Opportunities Calendar Even When Locked

Our volunteers want to be aware of all activities - even if there are no signups available. While the Opportunities List may still show locked activities, Calendar View is still the go-to view most of our users use. The only change needed would be to gray-out the Signup button when the activity is locked. Or, you could present a message if someone tries to signup for a locked activity informing them that no openings are available at this time. Thank you.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Make reminder emails easier to find and easier to sign up or just make them automatic unless a volunteer opts out.

Make reminder emails easier to find and easier to sign up or just make them automatic unless a volunteer opts out.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Communications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Update Qualifications from Uploaded Spreadsheet

In Blackbaud products I have used you can batch upload an attribute to users in the system using an excel spreadsheet. This saves hours on manual data entry. I have a list of 75 volunteers from the Onsite Health vendor HR is using and am probably going to have even more by the end of this period. I have to manually go in and mark them each as vaccinated, whereas if this feature was part of the Better Impact software I could upload that excel list and update all of them at once. This would make a huge difference in…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Adding a notes section for individual shifts in the Shift templates.

We have multiple programs that have hourly shifts. Each shift is associated with a different Zoom account and has a different client assigned to each shift, we currently have to use Sign up Genius to have 8 hourly shifts, its a terrible program. If we could just add notes to each shift we could run the program entirely within BI.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Assigning Volunteers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow for an automatic email to be sent to volunteers after a 'scheduled activity' has occured

Right now feedback is only mandatory when logging hours. Volunteers who sign up to scheduled activities often forget to log back in after their activity and send feedback via the contact button. It would be helpful if an automatic email was sent to volunteers after a 'scheduled activity' has occured to encourage them to provide feedback neccesary for reporting.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Feedback Fields  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Make it easier for volunteers to log into their account

We often get people who don’t know how to log into their account from when viewing an event via the events hyperlink. That’s because it’s a small hyperlink ‘log into your account’ in the top right corner. Why not have a button at the bottom of the page that says ‘log into your account’? Similar to the ‘fill in an application’ button that’s in the top right.
    So my request is to please add a button at the bottom of the page, under ‘schedule summary’ and ‘dates’ that says ‘log into your account’. If that’s not an option, then add…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add a timestamp when volunteers complete an eLearning Module

We use eLearning Modules for our volunteer orientations, and for reporting purposes, we need to know on which day someone took our orientation to become a volunteer. Right now, we have to enter than manually when we get the email notification that someone took the eLearning Module, which is time consuming and tedious. It would be great if the system would show a time & date stamp of when a volunteer passed an eLearning Module so we could search by that.

83 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  General / Miscellaneous  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. filter by location when batch assigning activities

I would like to be able to filter by location when assigning many volunteers to a task/activity. My Org has over 1700 volunteers and I want to assign everyone at my location to a few tasks so they can log hours from home. Currently I can only view the whole list and the suggested work-around was to open another web browser and compare the lists, that would take me forever as my location alone has over 100 volunteers.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Assigning Volunteers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Reference handbook, manual or guide to Volunteer Impact

It would be very helpful if there was a reference handbook, manual or guide for Volunteer Impact. A how to so that the user doesn't always have to refer to the videos and help. It would include the initial set up or creation. Best practices for setting up custom fields and qualifications and activities. A basic (or more than basic) all in one tool for new volunteer coordinators or staff to refer to if there isn't an opportunity for learning the system. There isn't always the time to view the videos, help or chat.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General / Miscellaneous  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Would love the ability to clone a "team" onto multiple similar days

Our activities are single day, but repeated multiple times. (In my case yacht race management, but I'm sure the problem is generic). We have a "series" that runs over a period of time, usually on the same day of each week. Each of those days is an "event". Each event has an identical list of "activities" which comprise the "team" (up to 15 or so specific roles), probably calling it a "category"?
    Once I've set up the definitive "team" of specifically qualified volunteer roles, I would love to easily clone this for each (selected) date in the Series calendar

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Feedback Field Checkbox Option

Add checkbox option for feedback fields so administrators can better organize the data volunteers report.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Feedback Fields  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. client e-learning

Hi team

I would love love love for there to be e-learning and more EOI forms in the Client module.

We run events and having the ability to ensure our vendors are engaging with our documentation through the e-learning module would revolutionise our operation.

We also have 3 distinct client user groups, and having access to more EOI forms would create far less confusion for each group.

Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Client Profiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base