Product Suggestions

We can’t do it all but we do like to focus our efforts on the ways we can make your job easier.

You can search through the suggestions that are already in the system to see if the one on your mind has already been suggested. If it has, vote for it! The number of votes will be one of the factors we consider as we plan ongoing upgrades to the software. You have a limited number of votes. You can use up to three votes on any one idea.

You might not hear back from us but you can be certain that we pay close attention to what you suggest.

THANK YOU for taking the time in providing us with this feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to make folders within Feedback Fields

Our organization has a lot of feedback fields so it would be nice to be able to group them together in folders instead of having to scroll through all of the feedback fields that are entered.

Example: When we have Facilitator training, it would be great to put all of the feedback field questions in a folder labeled Facilitator Training feedback as we ask about 15 questions to the volunteer!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Expand the search bar capability to allow other key fields

Allow profiles to be search by more than the name. E.g. by email, phone number.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Searching  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. More than one question per section in eLearning Modules, Question Customization, and Customized Feedback to eLearning Module Questions

It would be helpful to have the ability to have more than 1 question with each section. I had to create a training with multiple questions applied to each scenario. That eLearning module is now 106 sections long because of the restriction of one question per section.

It would also be helpful to have more than one type of answer option. Having a "check the box" with the ability to have more than one right answer in addition to multiple choice would be great!

Additionally, ditto on the suggestion by another user that we have customized messages go out after…

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General / Miscellaneous  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Email read receipt rate automatically without having to have extra emails in my in box.

Email read receipt rate automatically without having to have extra emails in my in box. We use Raisers Edge for fundraising and it tracks open rates of emails we send to Gmail, outlook, etc. For an accurate and complete open %. Would love to know how many volunteers actually open the emails sent via BI. Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Communications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Copy an existing Application and save as another one

Instead of starting from scratch, it would be helpful to copy an existing application and make adjustments.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Application Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Have an Activity field for the Coordinator and make it time stamped

this way we can report on Coordinator workload and track changes when an activity moves to another Coordinator. Coordinators could also then easily run a report for just their Activities without having to run the report for all activities and then filter out what isn't theirs. Very time consuming.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Activities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Volunteer Dashboard on Enterprise page

It would be helpful to have a dashboard that combined all the info from all of the accounts in one place: Volunteers, Clients and Admins.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Enterprise  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin Home Page (Main)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Be able to save and export column configuration in reports

I need my report columns to be ordered in a specific way that's beneficial to me and my coworkers. Although you can rearrange column order in "View Profiles", that configuration doesn't export. I hate having to reorder the columns every time I export.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Could first name be changed to preferred name

Legal first name and first name I am finding that volunteers are putting the same thing eg Anthony who prefers to be called TONY would understand that preferred name would be to put Tony in and not Anthony

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Application Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Profile Association Raw Data - Add Login Date, Hours Logged, and Enterprise-level Custom Fields and Qualifications

It would be very helpful to have more fields available on the Profile Association Raw Data report. Most helpful would be enterprise-level custom fields and qualifications, hours logged, and last date logged in fields. I regularly need to run reports on which I need to identify where the volunteer is serving within an organization (which we track through qualifications), how many hours they have logged, and when they last logged in. We have many volunteers who serve in multiple organizations under our Enterprise accounts, so I need to see each of the organizations they serve in along with the rest…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Able to Edit or Delete Note Log by BI Support

I see it was already suggested to be able to edit/delete the note log and it was declined. But at bare minimum, the Better Impact support team should be able to assist clients with this when a mistake was made. (like I did!)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Communications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow you to see the entire text box in the "short answer" field without scrolling.

After you've created an application, the size of the text boxes can't be changed. It is difficult to scroll horizontally to read someone's entire entry. Please either allow us to change the the text box size or make the short answer bigger on the admin end so we can see the entire response at once. Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Application Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Make "Miscellaneous" tab visible in Enterprise.

I’d like to make a suggestion to make the “Miscellaneous” tab visible from the Enterprise. We take a lot of notes in this field and it would make things easier. Most staff can't easily find the "notes" field and therefore write their notes here. An alternative would be to make the notes tab more accessible. Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General / Miscellaneous  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Find an Admin List vs Individual Search

I'm in an enterprise organization with 15 sub-accounts which will have several "Organization Administrators". On the "Find an Admin" page for this grouping I have to search by individual admins vs seeing a list as with the "Enterprise Administrators" grouping. It would be nice to have a list view of all my organizational admins. :)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin Home Page (Main)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Create Feed to View Schedule(s) Outside of MyImpact

I would love to be able to share a view of any activity's current schedule by posting the schedule/calendar on a webpage via a feed from Volunteer Impact. (I wish I knew the precise terminology to use to describe this.) The feed would update every few seconds so the calendar is always current. This provides volunteers an easier way to see which shifts still need help without having to log into My Impact, filter the opportunities, and look for signup options. In my ideal scenario, I am showing one particular commonly-used Activity calendar in kiosk mode on an iPad near…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Select Field That Determines Start Date (Date Joined)

I think it would be valuable to be able to select which field/date is the determinant for a volunteer's START DATE, which then determines Years Since Date Joined. Right now the application date is the Date Joined (start date) and in my organization I don't want that to determine years of service. I can manually change each applicant's Date Joined in the Misc. section of their profile, but I need to be able to select a date field that will apply to ALL profiles in the system, not just one by one. I feel selection of the applicable field for…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Volunteer Profiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Saving a report to the document library

Add the option of saving a report to the document library in addition to the "Export" and "View" options. This would save a couple of steps when I need to email a schedule to volunteers.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Define fiscal year in settings then use in dynamic reports

There are some great reports using dynamic dates (calendar year, quarter, last week, etc.) It would be great if organizations could define their particular fiscal year in settings and have Volunteer Impact add the additional dynamic range of last fiscal year and current fiscal year to dynamic dates in reporting.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base