Product Suggestions

We can’t do it all but we do like to focus our efforts on the ways we can make your job easier.

You can search through the suggestions that are already in the system to see if the one on your mind has already been suggested. If it has, vote for it! The number of votes will be one of the factors we consider as we plan ongoing upgrades to the software. You have a limited number of votes. You can use up to three votes on any one idea.

You might not hear back from us but you can be certain that we pay close attention to what you suggest.

THANK YOU for taking the time in providing us with this feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 'Hours' displayed on the MyVolunteerPage view adjustment options

It has been suggested that it would be good to have the option to be able to switch this display on / off - and also to be able to adjust the start date of the year (currently calendar year) that is the default as some agencies work to a July - June year

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  MyVolunteerPage.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Remove Hours/Reports tabs from volunteer portal if logging hours is disabled.

If logging hours is disabled, there is no need for the Hours and Reports tabs on myvolunteerpage.com. Also no need to show hours completed on the Home tab.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I'd like your lock to turn red when shift is full

I'd like your lock to turn red when shift is full

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Assigning Volunteers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Volunteers applying - the sign up button is too small and should be more prominent after the availability section.

After the volunteers completes their profile it then takes them to the availability section - I think the sign up button needs to be more prominent as volunteers are always signing up they think they have finished.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  MyVolunteerPage.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Be able to break-up the application form over multiple pages

We have a large number of custom fields that we ask our volunteers to complete. I think it would be beneficial for the application form to be able to be broken up into categories over a number of pages, rather than all categories being on the one page, with the ability for the volunteer to save each category as they go.

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Application Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Inventory management

We distribute t-shirts, hats, gloves, etc to volunteers. It would be helpful to have an inventory management system. eg. I enter 100 tshirts. When I give one to a volunteer, I assign it to them and it subtracts from the total. I can see what supplies we've given to a volunteer as well as know when my supplies are running low.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General / Miscellaneous  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Accept payments for registration or products

We often offer classes that have a registration fee. It would be great to have a payment option integrated with the MyVolunteerPage system, so that those who have paid their registration fee would automatically be recorded. This prevents duplicate entries and missing payments, etc.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General / Miscellaneous  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Unassociated profiles need to be alerted

We occasionally have volunteers that create a profile and are able to "log on" but unable to sign up for any volunteer opportunities. The Sign Up tab says You do not belong to any organizations and the Home -Welcome page is blank. Is it possible to give direction to how they can sign up on this blank Welcome page? There is another situation where they are associated with the our community hub and have a Home - Welcome message from the City of Carlsbad but they are not able to "sign up" for anything from the tab.If you could change…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks Illa for providing your valuable feedback. Due to the lack of responses (votes) we are declining implementation at this time.

In the meantime, I might recommend using your Enterprise message to put a link to your public page with the instructions on how to go back and complete the application.

9. Integrated Evaluation/Surview

Having an integrated and comprehensive tool to have volunteer supervisors evaluate their volunteers their performance (during the activity or after). Also collecting volunteers feedback into their own accounts. With dates of submission.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Volunteer Profiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Assigning Volunteers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. To include search option filters in reports exported

When you pull off a report for one or more activities it would be handy to know what activity they are in as well as the other options we have in this search section. Saves having to pull of several reports to know this!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add a field/check box to activity

So volunteers could add a note to an activity/event (dietary preferences, for example). Tony G has added an idea for a text field that only admins can see but I would love to have a box that volunteers can see and add text to, and which will appear in a report. There are times when we need extra details that will vary depending on the event so we can't just use custom fields.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Activities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Committees at the Enterprise level

Our organization has several geographically-based accounts under one Enterprise. Often, we have committees which form with representation across several communities, which are hard to track - because the committees don't exist in a single physical location, we don't want to make it an activity or committee in a specific account. It would be really helpful to have the ability to create a Committee tool at the Enterprise level, so we can create and email committees made of members from >1 account.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Enterprise  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Block access to full myvolunteerpage site for applicants- just show their application form details until accepted/archived

I don't want applicant and in-process volunteers being able to access the document library, fill in additional custom fields and see messages to / photos of accepted volunteers that appear on our volunteer site home page. It would be great if we could limit their access to just the application form/s they complete until we decide whether to accept them as volunteers.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  MyVolunteerPage.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add additional 'Reports to' option

Right now we can only report into one activity category, but some volunteer opportunities belong to two (might belong to a department name and a type of volunteering - example, activity is Waiting Room Support, in department Cardiac, and the type of volunteering is Patient Direct) It would be useful to be able to run reports on just Cardiac or Patient Direct, if we had the option to add a 'Reports to' or a subcategory in 'Reports to'

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Email search results (between administrators)

As a corollary to being able to save a search (query), as suggested and voted on by many people, I would like to be able to send the query criteria or the search results to other administrators.

Technically this is two issues:
    1) The ability to save a query and link to it, so that we can send the links. This is most important.
    2) The ability to save and send search results. Currently we can only export a report and send that, but I want to be able to send the links to profiles so that multiple admins can…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Searching  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Have an option of seeing if any emails have been sent next to applicants name.

Without going into each volunteer you can't see if they have had any emails sent to them. I like to email each volunteer to aknowledge their application and move them to In Process once interview has been confirmed however it is difficult to see at a glance who I need to email when you have lots of applicants - Particulary if you have 2 people who can reply as you won't remember the name.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. email notification inactive

When a volunteer becomes inactive, it would be great to be able to enter a period that they're away, that would trigger email notification to the administrator to contact them upon their return (for example, snowbird volunteers, people who go on maternity, etc.). Would help with relationship management.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Volunteer Profiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base