Product Suggestions

We can’t do it all but we do like to focus our efforts on the ways we can make your job easier.

You can search through the suggestions that are already in the system to see if the one on your mind has already been suggested. If it has, vote for it! The number of votes will be one of the factors we consider as we plan ongoing upgrades to the software. You have a limited number of votes. You can use up to three votes on any one idea.

You might not hear back from us but you can be certain that we pay close attention to what you suggest.

THANK YOU for taking the time in providing us with this feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add client encounter report dates to people search criteria

It would be a huge time saver to be able to search on clients who have had a client encounter report submitted based on date ranges related to encounter date or created date.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Searching  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Expand the search bar capability to allow other key fields

Allow profiles to be search by more than the name. E.g. by email, phone number.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Searching  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make Activity description a searchable field

Make Activity description a searchable field, so you could find activities having filter keywords in the activity description.

Pocahontas Chapter, Virginia Master Naturalists

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 'Find a person' search should include 'legal name' and 'name'

The 'find a person' function should be widened to incorporate the 'legal name' as well as 'name' .

I received an email from a volunteer, he just signed it Benjamin and the email wasn't name related. So I searched for 'Benjamin' but got no hit. Then I searched for 'Ben' and was able to find him. In reality the search function is still quite basic. It would great if you could click a box next to the search box that says (include archive) that would be very useful, its laborious to have to fashion a report to check if we…

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Be able to search by 'date of status change' at Enterprise level

Allow us to search by 'date of last status change' at Enterprise level so that we can easily see new volunteers or leavers in a given timeframe. The 'date joined' isn't always an accurate reflection of new starts if they apply at the end of the month but don't start until the next.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow admins to change the defualt on options when under search criteria

When I do a people search most of the time I am only lookin for currently assigned volunteers in that activity. When in the section "add search criteria" There is a section that is called "for shifts that are", the default is don't filter. I can't change the default in this section. I want to be able to change the default to "on or after today only" because most of the time I only care about who is assigned now. Thank you

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. saved date range

Would be helpful to have the ability to SAVE custom date ranges when performing searches or making reports.
    For example, you show "Last Year" as an option. Many orgs have their own fiscal year. Would be great to save that fiscal year range for repeated use.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Search by 'Date Volunteer Joined' at the Enterprise Level - Easy to count new applicants in multiple areas for a certain timeframe!

We would like to be able to search by 'Date Volunteer joined' at the Enterprise level.

Currently it's possible to search by 'Date Volunteer joined' at the Account level and our admins can pin this search and easily find out how many new applicants they have had in a certain period of time.

If I could pin that search at the Enterprise level, use the Advanced date setting, I'd be able to see how many new applicants we had in the past 30 days with the click on a button.

This would be excellent for reporting!

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Include group names in the Quick Search results

Thanks for improving searchability under People to include Group Name. Could Group Name be listed among the Quick Search Results?

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Quick Search via Email Address/ Phone Number

Many of our volunteers reach out via email/ text without including their full name. It is quite difficult to find a specific volunteer in the quick search bar with only a first name. Even if they do provide a full name, we have quite a few volunteers with the exact same first and last names and no way to differentiate them in quick search. This requires you to then go through the main search function to look them up by either their email or phone number. It would be amazing if email/ phone number fields were included in the quick…

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. • Some kind of “master search” function that would search all custom fields of all volunteer records for a specific keyword or phrase.

So, if we were looking for an electrician we could enter that in and the system would scan all records to see who comes up.

60 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Searching  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. is there a way to export a 'saved search' to a file (XML perhaps?) so another user could import the search

is there a way to export a 'saved search' to a file (XML perhaps? in the same way you export an iTunes play list ) so another user could import the search

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Searching  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Option to hide middle initial from search bar

Can there be an option to turn off the middle name initial in the search bar. The algorithm sometimes confuses itself and it can just feel too cluttered.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Create an area where we can more easily search for email addresses.

I understand from other suggestions that adding this feature to the quick search bar on the home page is a challenge, but is there a way a separate area can be added so that one can type in the beginning of an address to see if it exists? Adding it to search criteria (to a maximum of 10 individuals) is super frustrating when having to search for over 50-70 addresses.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Sorting capabilities in the volunteer search function

https://i.imgur.com/oRVht7w.png

At the moment, the search function defaults to sorting by Last Name. I'd like to able to sort (without filtering) by other criteria!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Edit Search Criteria

It would be ideal to be able to edit a search criteria.
    For example if you enter a date range in a search and then realise an error was made, instead if deleting and then re building the criteria it would be so much easier to be able to edit.
    Or even if you wanted to do multiple searches with similar criteria - editing what has already been selected would be so much more efficient.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Let Users Search By Organization from Myvolunteerpage.com

Hi there - I found out something really odd today. When I entered our organization's name in the "Search for an organization" bar on Myvolunteerpage.com to see how prospective volunteers could find us, it said: "Sorry, there are no organizations that match the keyword entered. Please try again."

I asked tech support how to fix this, and they said they could only make it so users can find us by our city's name, not by our organization's name.

This seems unnecessarily indirect and confusing for people looking for us.

Can you please change this so users can search for us…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Saved searches appear in both "People" and "Communicate"

Have the saved searches created in the "communicate" tab, also appear in the "people" tab, and vice versa.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Searching  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow more than three columns to be visable in a search

The results of a search are limited, allow more than 3 columns with some choice. I need to know activity.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Searching  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Change "any" & "all" searches with "and" & "or".

Instead of the current search options of "any" and "all", giving users more options in the middle. Ex: I want to search for people who attended either the morning OR evening session, AND I want to single out those of a certain qualification level. This would allow for narrow, focused searches across multiple criteria. I'd be eternally grateful.

61 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Searching  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base