Product Suggestions

We can’t do it all but we do like to focus our efforts on the ways we can make your job easier.

You can search through the suggestions that are already in the system to see if the one on your mind has already been suggested. If it has, vote for it! The number of votes will be one of the factors we consider as we plan ongoing upgrades to the software. You have a limited number of votes. You can use up to three votes on any one idea.

You might not hear back from us but you can be certain that we pay close attention to what you suggest.

THANK YOU for taking the time in providing us with this feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. import data

We are using Member Impact only as a way of tracking contacts, of which we have many. We have a lot of data to import initially which is fine, but ongoing we will continue to have new contacts to add each month. It would be great if we could import ourselves similar to how you add new subscribers into Mailchimp (either by uploading a spreadsheet or copying and pasting). It is not ideal to have to pay for an import each time we need say 60 new contacts entered, but it is also frustrating to have to enter them one…

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  General / Miscellaneous  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add a timestamp when volunteers complete an eLearning Module

We use eLearning Modules for our volunteer orientations, and for reporting purposes, we need to know on which day someone took our orientation to become a volunteer. Right now, we have to enter than manually when we get the email notification that someone took the eLearning Module, which is time consuming and tedious. It would be great if the system would show a time & date stamp of when a volunteer passed an eLearning Module so we could search by that.

83 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  General / Miscellaneous  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Reference handbook, manual or guide to Volunteer Impact

It would be very helpful if there was a reference handbook, manual or guide for Volunteer Impact. A how to so that the user doesn't always have to refer to the videos and help. It would include the initial set up or creation. Best practices for setting up custom fields and qualifications and activities. A basic (or more than basic) all in one tool for new volunteer coordinators or staff to refer to if there isn't an opportunity for learning the system. There isn't always the time to view the videos, help or chat.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General / Miscellaneous  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. More than one question per section in eLearning Modules, Question Customization, and Customized Feedback to eLearning Module Questions

It would be helpful to have the ability to have more than 1 question with each section. I had to create a training with multiple questions applied to each scenario. That eLearning module is now 106 sections long because of the restriction of one question per section.

It would also be helpful to have more than one type of answer option. Having a "check the box" with the ability to have more than one right answer in addition to multiple choice would be great!

Additionally, ditto on the suggestion by another user that we have customized messages go out after…

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Make "Miscellaneous" tab visible in Enterprise.

I’d like to make a suggestion to make the “Miscellaneous” tab visible from the Enterprise. We take a lot of notes in this field and it would make things easier. Most staff can't easily find the "notes" field and therefore write their notes here. An alternative would be to make the notes tab more accessible. Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Create Feed to View Schedule(s) Outside of MyImpact

I would love to be able to share a view of any activity's current schedule by posting the schedule/calendar on a webpage via a feed from Volunteer Impact. (I wish I knew the precise terminology to use to describe this.) The feed would update every few seconds so the calendar is always current. This provides volunteers an easier way to see which shifts still need help without having to log into My Impact, filter the opportunities, and look for signup options. In my ideal scenario, I am showing one particular commonly-used Activity calendar in kiosk mode on an iPad near…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Date Range Default Across All Applicable Screens

Would be great to be able to set a Date Range default to be used to initially populate any and all filters for any screen where there is a date range field to fill in, (any searches, any reports, etc).

Not talking about individual screens where there is only sometimes a check box to set the parameters as the default for that one thing.

For instance, while working on this years annual festival in August we know the date range for the festival this year and having those pre-populated as the default while working on things anywhere where there is…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Admin staff to have an option of using different signatures

I am involved in two BI accounts with my organization (a I have two different jobs). Your signature carries over with your profile between the two accounts. I have different titles, phone number, etc for each role, but can only input a signature for one role.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Being able to change the Tab names or headers

By being able to change the text and names of Tabs, Headings and Categories on the volunteer pages ( by admin only) it would make things more understandable for the general volunteers. This would make transition much easier to Better Impact.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Analytics - Google Tag Manager (GTM)

Integration of Google Tag Manager (GTM) would provide richer insight into user behaviour on the public pages. This insight can be analysed to refine content resulting in a streamlined user experience.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Ability to Switch View Modes: Client and Volunteer Views

We use Volunteer and Client Impact. It would be great to be able to switch modes on the fly to VOLUNTEER and CLIENT. Currently the system only allows you to switch to ONE. Since we purchased Volunteer Impact first, I'm not able to switch to Client view. I've had to create a fake profile to view how my changes look like. This is not efficient at all - if we're able to view one mode we should be able to add another. It's important that the changes I make are correct and I can see how it would look to…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add volunteer evaluation options

It would be great if there was a section for different evaluations that we need volunteers to complete. There are some volunteer roles that we ask volunteers to complete evaluations for at the end of the 6 week opportunity and we also have annual reviews. I think it would be great if we could create these evaluations within Better Impact and then have the volunteers log into their profile and complete the evals right here in the system.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Record date of last status change when changing status between Inactive-Short term and Inactive-Long term

Right now when you move a volunteer from Inactive-Short term to Inactive-Long term the date of last status change does not recognize this change. Would like to have the date the status changes from short term to long term recorded as these are 2 different statuses.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add requirements before an eLearning module is available to volunteers

It would be great if we could set requirements before a module is available to the volunteers. For example, we would like our volunteers to have 12 hours already logged with our organization before they are able to watch the eLearning module to become events volunteers. Or if we could require them to have another qualification before some modules are available.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. More powerful editing features

Please add more features into your text editor including

Undo/redo
    Align Top for Table rows
    Edit HTML code

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Bundling Quals for Badge Issuance

I love qualifications and I love badges. I want them to work better together. In some cases, awarding 1 badge for 1 qualification is fine, but there are many instances where it would be better to award 1 badge after a volunteer attains NN qualifications (NN > 1). Real-world example. I have 10 eLearning modules that cover a variety of basic policies. The volunteer can earn a qualification at the completion of EACH module (qualified: Anti-Discrimination, qualified: Anti-Harassment). However, instead of awarding a badge for EACH qualification, I want to award a badge for the completion of the 10 eLearning…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Member Committees

This really belongs in a Member category but there isn't one for that. Currently Committees are associated with and visible to Volunteers. In our organization we have both the volunteer and member modules. We have members who are also volunteers and community folks who are just volunteers (i.e. not members). We cannot create any committees just for our members (e.g. fundraising) as currently committees are visible to all volunteers and we would want them just visible only to our members

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Ability to move the social media box on the public enterprise page

Currently there is a large space on our public enterprise page between the search and get social boxes. It makes the page look disjointed and not easy for the reader to realise the social media box is on the page. I was told the length of the text on your Public Home Page (on the right) is what determines the position of the Social Media Links box. It would be great if this could be changed. Thank you.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Maps to see where volunteers are based

Can we add in a map function where we can easily view where volunteers are by location? Even better, for those of us who have Volunteer Impact and Client Impact we can easily see which volunteers are nearest to our clients.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Entering a date in the date field. Please change to enter key being sufficient not requiring save button to complete the date

When completing a date field by using the number keys rather than point and click on the calendar, its unnecessarily time consuming to enter the date quickly on the keys and then use the mouse to locate the nearest save button. Please can a 'enter' key press after the date has been completed, become sufficient to exit the pop-up calendar and complete the date entry.

Thanks.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base