Product Suggestions

We can’t do it all but we do like to focus our efforts on the ways we can make your job easier.

You can search through the suggestions that are already in the system to see if the one on your mind has already been suggested. If it has, vote for it! The number of votes will be one of the factors we consider as we plan ongoing upgrades to the software. You have a limited number of votes. You can use up to three votes on any one idea.

You might not hear back from us but you can be certain that we pay close attention to what you suggest.

THANK YOU for taking the time in providing us with this feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow admins to add volunteer status change reasons.

Admins should be able to configure their own reasons for volunteer status changes and have the flexibility to add reasons as needed.

176 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    43 comments  ·  General / Miscellaneous  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Graphic display of volunteer sign ups across a range of Opportunities.

Hi Better Impact! Maybe it's because we are an art museum, but we definitely find graphic representations easier than lists. One volunteer Museum docent created a graphic representation of sign-ups for a program we offer this fall (which has 18 dates and needs six volunteers for half of them and 2 for the other half.) I don't think Better Impact offers something like this: correct me if I'm mistaken. I just wanted to put it out there as a suggestion. It makes it much simpler for this group of volunteers to plan participation when they have a single graphic visually…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General / Miscellaneous  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Staff Impact

Imagine another module called Staff Impact. You could use applications for recruiting and e-learning for training. Would be great, especially for small organisations!!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General / Miscellaneous  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. App: Shift Signup Button

In the app, after a volunteer selects "Opportunities," then the applicable Activity, on the page where they view available shifts and check a box to indicate they want to sign up for the shift, add another "Signup for Selected" button to the top of the page. Currently there is one at the bottom of the page. My shift list is very long and it would be convenient for volunteers to not have to scroll to the bottom of it if they are selecting a shift at the top of the list. Many thanks!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General / Miscellaneous  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Hours for an Activity

In the HOURs tab, a volunteer selects an activity, the system looks up the activity and scheduled date. If the date is current or pasted, the program will populated the “Date Volunteered” field with the scheduled date.

If the activity has a future date, they receive an error message stating that the activity has not occurred.

When an activity has multiply dates, and there are dates for the past and current month dates, along with dates in the future, the “Date Volunteered” field needs to show past and current month dates to allow the volunteer to select the correct date,

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Preview files to avoid downloading

A "Preview" option for files uploaded so we do not have to download every file we want to see.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Being able to change the background colour when created sections on an e-learning module. This would assist in our accessibility agenda.

Black text on a white background is difficult for some people to read so being able to easily alter the background colour would be great

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Attaching a file to an e-mail/template have notification text reminding of the max file size.

Attaching files to emails or templates:
    I didn't know of the 4MB limit until I asked tech support. They are very helpful but the need for the ask could have been avoided with (Max file size 4MB) next to the button for attaching files,

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 4 or 5 digit pin number for easier sign in

It would be great to have either a 4 or 5 digit PIN number for those volunteers who are not tech saavy to use for the program. I am thinking of seniors, or those who have disabilities to use. This can work with either the computer sign in or on their phone. It would be easier to tell them a 4 or 5 digit pin number than a password in many circumstances.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General / Miscellaneous  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. eLearning Module customization

Ability to filter who can see eLearning Modules, generating links and emailing them out to certain people don't really work as some people do not have email - they can sign into MyImpactPage though.

We have a few eLearning modules that everyone is doing but they only apply to certain roles (for example, we are doing online hazard assessment reviews for roles). The options of applicant, in process, accepted, etc just aren't specific enough.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Enable gallery view for general interest cards

Currently, general interest cards on public-facing pages are laid out two-by-two. If you have a lot of general interests, this leads to a long and cluttered page. Having the option to show these cards in a gallery view would help ensure that volunteers don't miss opportunities buried at the bottom.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Custom field definitions

We currently have 259 custom fields. I would like to be able to add information to some of these for internal purposes only, for example processes, definitions etc. Like a knowledge base. However, because some of these custom fields display on application forms or on the user view, I can't always use the description field.

It would be good to be able to store information about the custom fields that is only visible to the administrators and not visible to anyone else. This may require a new field as in some cases there is information that is relevant for the…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Make "sign up button" red or vibrant colour

The final step in recruitment is when the volunteer clicks on "Sign Up", so it would be far better if this were background highlighted in a strong colour, for example red. Similarly "add me to the back up list" could be highlighted too.

the branding settings don't account for this currently.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Customisable General Interest Cards

When advertising public roles, it is nice to have the 'display as cards' option so you have something visual and enticing to encourage potential volunteers. However it would be nice to be able to customise what information appears on the card, so that you don't have to have the whole role description there. Then clicking on the 'more information' option really will provide more information, rather than the same information, but bigger.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Public search page - Filter opportunities by multiple criteria

Prospective volunteers can currently only filter opportunities on the public search page by one filter at a time. Please enable multiple filters to be selected. For example I’m looking for roles in x organisation, at x times, doing x type of activities, meeting x classifications.

It would also be great to have such options on the my impact page filters too. Cheers

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Include start date to dashboard

It would be very useful to have the date the volunteer commenced volunteering appear on the dashboard for each account.

This would provide this data at a glance.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow outside vetted agencys to volunteer for a single event without making a profile.

We recently had a drill where I used members from other city governments. It has difficult to create one master sign in sheet as our city uses Better Impact but some others do not. It would be nice to have a registration for an event feature that does not make them sign up completely, as most would not go through that trouble to volunteer.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. allowing volunteer 'groups' to be created and enable tracking of e-learning module use (time and date)

I have some suggestions necessary to improve volunteer organisation and e-learning.

My volunteers work under the same title but operate differently and in groups. I need to be able to differentiate between these groups in some way for communication and also training purposes as they follow a different e-learning pathway.

With regard to the e-learning:
    At the moment the e-learning design relies on trust, the trainee is required to watch training videos and then answer a series of questions.
    It would be great if it was impossible for them to complete the questions if they hadn't watched the video in…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Auto-Expire Date for General Interests

It would be very handy if you were able to set an expiration date on General Interests.

Other advertising sites (Do-It, Charity Jobs) have auto-expiration dates that make it very handy, but unfortunately Better Impact does not, meaning that sometimes adverts slip past our admins and stay up longer than they should overwhelming our volunteer leads with applications. My calendar is cluttered with reminders to deactivate General Interests on Better Impact.

Please add an auto-expire option for General Interests.

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  General / Miscellaneous  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Date Formatting

Not having to enter a slash between date fields would be great. If we could enter date information as 01012020 and the slashes auto generate to separate fields making the date 01/01/2020, that would be a huge time saver.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base