Product Suggestions

We can’t do it all but we do like to focus our efforts on the ways we can make your job easier.

You can search through the suggestions that are already in the system to see if the one on your mind has already been suggested. If it has, vote for it! The number of votes will be one of the factors we consider as we plan ongoing upgrades to the software. You have a limited number of votes. You can use up to three votes on any one idea.

You might not hear back from us but you can be certain that we pay close attention to what you suggest.

THANK YOU for taking the time in providing us with this feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Logging multiple hours dates for individual volunteersin a single entry

Within the website there is a way to assign hours to multiple volunteers at once however there seems to be no way of updating multiple date entrys at the one time for a single volunteer e.g if we were uploading these hours retrospectively. Sometimes in larger organisations like ours people are volunteering under the radar and only come to officially register after having already volunteered with the fundraising department for example for a number of months. When I meet these individuals I like to ensure their hours are logged for accurate statistics but this can be pain staking data entry…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  General / Miscellaneous  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Volunteer & activity connections

I love the People | Connections | Volunteers & associated clients or Clients & associated volunteers.

It would also be very useful to have Volunteers & associated activities, or Clients & associated activities.

Because of the work we do, we set up unique activities for each of our clients and associate these with the volunteers. So a volunteer can end up with multiple activities it is hard to monitor without going into each individual volunteers profile.

Thanks

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  General / Miscellaneous  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. highlight available shifts in schedule report calendar view

When looking at the schedule report it would be easier if there where highlighted section where there are gaps,

For example if Wednesday night schedule is set for two volunteers and only one has been rostered on the available shift should be highlighted,
    This would make it easier to look at the calendar and see gaps, especially when emailing the roster to volunteers to fill gaps they can simply look for the highlighted area where there are gaps and sign up,

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General / Miscellaneous  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. font

I've noticed that sometimes if I create a new 'general interest', the font I apply does not publish correctly. It tends to be if I have created this on a Mac. It looks correct when I first publish and view it on the Mac, but then if I happen to check it again another day on my PC, I've noticed that the font style is different. I then go back in to update the font style, and although the correct one is still applied, I have to re-highlight and apply it.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add Enterprise admin info to admin report

We should be able to run a report of Enterprise level admins and their security group. At the very least, when we run a report of admins, it should include the information on whether they are an Enterprise level admin as well as their security group.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Enhance General Availability Matrix

Create the ability to design a custom GENERAL AVAILABILITY vs the static section which is limited and fixed. Our volunteer base often works only one Monday a month ie. the second Monday and I would like to build a matrix to conform to all the potential shifts

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  General / Miscellaneous  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Ability to keep notes in the volunteer general availability section

In the volunteer general availability section, it would be nice to have a notes section.

As, if a volunteer is available for multiple nights as needed they pick their nights in the general availability section ( Mon, Tue, Thur etc)

However if a volunteer does a consistent shift every week or month i should be able to record this, that way all administrators can be across the roster if the main Admin is away.

For example,
    If a volunteer does the last Saturday every month unless notified

Or the second Tuesday of every month

It would be easier for these…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General / Miscellaneous  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Volunteer Status Options

We could really use an additional option of "Waitlist" added to the Volunteer Status list of options.

27 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  General / Miscellaneous  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. A separate "volunteer message" for the volunteer page and volunteer timeclock

We like being able to put a message for all our volunteers to see when they log in and start their timeclock, but it may be helpful if we could have 2 separate message screens.
    For example, the one on their volunteer page could be a generic message and the one on the timeclock could have updates for that day, so they know what is going on as soon as they clock in.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Enhance the 'Volunteer Hours' Function on the Enterprise Level

We have volunteers who will resign from us and then come back to our site (or another site in our zone) and be re-onboarded. Can we have a function to track multiple start/archive dates that also calculates the length of service in total?

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General / Miscellaneous  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Forum for Exchange of Ideas

I'd like to have a forum where users can post questions and quickly receive a number of responses/ideas form other users.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. A PDF downloadable printable version of the manual/help section

Create a PDF downloadable printable version of the manual/help section so pieces can be printed larger sections rather than just one item at a time.

~Annette

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Create a survey tool

It would be great if something like the eLearning module could collect survey and questionnaire data that doesn't have a correct/incorrect answer, but instead asks for volunteer input and feedback.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. manage applicant progress

manage applicants section...we have multiple steps required before being able to volunteer with our organization yet there is no way to show the steps and check off as progress is made for each volunteer. with multiple locations and admins needing to follow progress being able to add columns with headings such as criminal record check, interview, references etc. would be very helpful.

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. eLearning Modules - Provide further explanation when volunteer submits incorrect answers

Thank you for including the eLearning Modules, these are very helpful!

With the current behaviour, when a volunteer fails a quiz, they are met with a 'Results' splash screen with the 'Fail message' and a list of the questions they answered incorrectly. These are also highlighted red in the background.

Unfortunately, there is no way to indicate to the volunteer what the correct answer was and to provide further explanation.

I have two suggestions:

1. Could we please have an 'Explanation' text field added to the bottom of the 'Add New Section' screen that displays beneath incorrect answers on the 'Results'…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. elearning

It would be great if volunteers were able to leave comments at the end of the module, or an easy way for them to contact us (email). It would help to have their comments recorded on the same training module they completed.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Last Updated/ Edited

It would be great to be able to see what administrator last updated a volunteers profile. Eg took them off and an assignment, updated their personal details etc. This would benefit the management of the volunteers profiles.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Connectivity / integration support with other web / mobile apps and sites through an API

With a Better Impact API, we could use services like SurveyMonkey/Google Docs/One Drive/Airtable/Trello/Google Sheets/Twitter/Slack etc. to integrate workflows, either using their existing integrations or with the help of something like Zapier. For example:
    -A volunteer application is submitted, and Survey Monkey grabs the email addresses for the references submitted and emails them a reference form.
    -A certain number of volunteer hours are logged in a week, and an organization's Twitter account automatically tweets out something like, "Wow, our volunteers have already volunteered X hours this week! Way to go!"
    -Instead of using multiple logins, volunteers can log into our organization's…

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Buddy filtering

Buddy filtering by expertise. In addition to location and # of years, it would be helpful to be able to filter by area of expertise.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base