Product Suggestions

We can’t do it all but we do like to focus our efforts on the ways we can make your job easier.

You can search through the suggestions that are already in the system to see if the one on your mind has already been suggested. If it has, vote for it! The number of votes will be one of the factors we consider as we plan ongoing upgrades to the software. You have a limited number of votes. You can use up to three votes on any one idea.

You might not hear back from us but you can be certain that we pay close attention to what you suggest.

THANK YOU for taking the time in providing us with this feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. To be notified of changes made by volunteers to their profile.

While I would not want to be accepting or rejecting changes to a volunteers basic profile it would be helpful to be notified of such changes. I would like to know if someone changes their name, address, phone or email as any of those can indicate a change that would affect their volunteering.

37 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  General / Miscellaneous  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Default application form not configurable

There are four Application Form options - Default, Form 1, Form 2 and Form 3. Default is redundant as it always points to Form 1. I would like to be able to change the default form to different forms for each organisation within an enterprise.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General / Miscellaneous  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bulk additions to Committees

We use very large committees and it is very time consuming to add each committee member individually. In the same vein as bulk custom field updates, it would be useful to be able to add people to committees in bulk.

25 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  General / Miscellaneous  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Print Multiple Timesheets

Under "People", "Hours and Feedback", "Edit Hours", it would be very helpful to have a print option under the "Select All" dropdown. Our hospice/palliative care organization has 1400 volunteers and many are beginning to utilize online timesheet entry. We have to edit, approve, and print every timesheet. It would be much more efficient to be able to approve timesheets, and use the select all function to print them all at once.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General / Miscellaneous  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. A click option to highlight hours logged in red - to indicate MILEAGE CLAIMED

A click option to highlight hours logged in red - to indicate MILEAGE CLAIMED.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General / Miscellaneous  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. "Duplicate Account" Option when Archiving

When we Archive a volunteer record, it would be helpful to have 'DUPLICATE ACCOUNT as one of the reasons in the dropdown menu

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General / Miscellaneous  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Someone to consolidate these product suggestions!

I just spent over an hour going through all 30 pages of product suggestions and wonder if that is done from the Better Impact team end of things. I came across 14 different suggestions all relating to the idea of having a calendar view for volunteers to sign up for activities (and/or suggestions to make things visual and easier to use by volunteers and administrators). These suggestions totaled 295 votes, which is weighty in the context of the product suggestion and voting system!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Enterprise account administrators to be notified when others put comments in Custom Fields

As the administrator of an Enterprise Account with 57 staff who can input into our Impact Accounts, it would be very useful to know when entries relating to discipline, incidents etc are made in their volunteers records. Many coordinators forget to update us on these matters and the breakdown in communication can lead to immediate and future volunteer management issues.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Having a map in the corner of the activity to show where to meet

I would love to have maps in each of the activities to show where all of our activities are because they are all over the city.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Have more tabs in a volunteer profiles within the Enterprise level (Miscellaneous tab)

Add more tabs to a volunteers profile within the Enterprise level. Adding the Miscellaneous tab will save a lot of back and forth as I have to change a number of start dates - across multiple accounts.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Option to print labels during sign in process w/DYMO label maker

Option to print labels during sign in process w/DYMO label maker, we had this feature with Help Counter and it really is a crucial piece to make this a quick process.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Communities Classification- added to Activity or General Interest

In addition to adding Community Classifications at the Account level, we would like to add them at the General Interest level. Some of our accounts have volunteer activities in different communities.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. People Tab - required fields

In the 'Custom Fields and Qualifications' form one email address and one phone number should either be required fields or individual agencies should be able to make them required fields.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. g

We would like to have volunteers be able to print their own badge/label upon signing in! Connection with a DYMO Label maker would be great!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Provide access to a master log for administrator changes to Better Impact objects

Provide a search function which would query a master log of changes that were made to ANY Better Impact object (people, activity, schedule, qualification, custom fields, feedback fields, organizational settings, etc.
    Include date & time, user id or member name and field that was changed. Include field contents if possible showing before & after values.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Setting time restriction for administrators with limited access

It would be great if we could set a limit on how many hours that limited access administrators can input for each day (i.e. maximum limit is 8 hours per day/entry). Then have administrators with full access the capability of overriding if deemed necessary. This will benefit the auditing process (checks & balance) and avoid dumping large amounts of hours into one entry.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Calendar Details when synced to Google

When you sync the shift to your calendar, just the activity title goes. If we could at least hover over and get the activity information, that would be helpful. We put venue info in the description and it does not go with the activity onto the calendar.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow the Enterprise Administrator to track and report on training completed by System Administrators across the Enterprise

Our prerequisite for getting access to the system is to complete a number of training modules depending on the security level required. As the Enterprise Administrator, I would like to track the training completed by Administrators in the system without giving them access to the information. I don't want to set it up as a Custom/Qualification field with approval.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Search for volunteers who have twitter handles

I would like to be able to search through volunteers to find those who have twitter handles. Just add this as a search in the "Contact Info" section, which already exists.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Inventory management

We distribute t-shirts, hats, gloves, etc to volunteers. It would be helpful to have an inventory management system. eg. I enter 100 tshirts. When I give one to a volunteer, I assign it to them and it subtracts from the total. I can see what supplies we've given to a volunteer as well as know when my supplies are running low.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base