Product Suggestions

We can’t do it all but we do like to focus our efforts on the ways we can make your job easier.

You can search through the suggestions that are already in the system to see if the one on your mind has already been suggested. If it has, vote for it! The number of votes will be one of the factors we consider as we plan ongoing upgrades to the software. You have a limited number of votes. You can use up to three votes on any one idea.

You might not hear back from us but you can be certain that we pay close attention to what you suggest.

THANK YOU for taking the time in providing us with this feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Friendly Reminder to Help Administrators

It would be so much easier and faster for administrators to be able to have a friendly reminder sent automatically with the weekly reminder for the volunteer shifts; instead of generating through communications.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Communications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Custom Fields in a form

I would love to be able to use custom fields in a form that was emailed to volunteers

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add Organization to the eLearning Modules notifications

When we get a notificationt that an eModule has been completed, it would be great to also know which organization that volunteer belongs to. This is especially helpful for teams with a large number of organizations.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add area where volunteers could add their thanks, compliments, praise of other volunteers or staff as a way to highlight great actions.

Create a "board" or section where volunteers could add positive comments, compliments of other volunteers or staff, post a positive story/experience. Like a public bulletin board of sorts. A way to have volunteers, myself or staff be able to collect and share the positive things volunteers are doing. Going above and beyond, or being faithful in every day things.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Make reminder emails easier to find and easier to sign up or just make them automatic unless a volunteer opts out.

Make reminder emails easier to find and easier to sign up or just make them automatic unless a volunteer opts out.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Communications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Email read receipt rate automatically without having to have extra emails in my in box.

Email read receipt rate automatically without having to have extra emails in my in box. We use Raisers Edge for fundraising and it tracks open rates of emails we send to Gmail, outlook, etc. For an accurate and complete open %. Would love to know how many volunteers actually open the emails sent via BI. Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Able to Edit or Delete Note Log by BI Support

I see it was already suggested to be able to edit/delete the note log and it was declined. But at bare minimum, the Better Impact support team should be able to assist clients with this when a mistake was made. (like I did!)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add the name of the Activity to the admin notification when a new volunteer applies.

When several administrators use the same account and have different activities posted at the same time, ALL of them receive notification of new applicants regardless if it's for their activity or not. They all have to go in to see if the volunteer signed up for their activity or another admin's. This is time consuming and frustrating to go through every time. Simply ADD THE NAME OF THE ACTIVITY TO THE NOTIFICATION. That would solve this problem

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Presetting a text to send

Allowing you to set a text to send on a future date. Set it up on a Friday to send on a Sunday.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Volunteers receive emails when they sign up for an activity.

It would be really helpful if volunteers also received an email confirming they signed up for an activity.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Please add Instagram feed to the volunteer home page

All our volunteer communications are posted on our Instagram page. Facebook and Twitter feeds are the only two current options for social media to appear on the volunteer home page. We'd love to have Instagram added to the list.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Schedule e-mails to volunteers

It would be awesome to have the ability to schedule e-mails for the future. Sometimes I want to send a note to a group of volunteers on a date or time other than when I'm working or have access to the database (or when I'm on vacation!).

434 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    34 comments  ·  Communications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. feedback/ comments box

A place on the home page where volunteers can send feedback or comments at any time, and with the option to send it anonymously.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Survey capabilities

I would love for Better Impact to have survey capabilities so that I could get info from my volunteers without having to use a third party like survey monkey. it would be a very helpful tool for growing my volunteer program.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Email Templates & Additional merge fields

Currently, we can only insert the volunteers' names. In the future having the ability to insert things like hours this year or historical hours would be very helpful.

For many years I used Theatre Manager by Arts Management systems. In that system, I could select from many sources from the volunteer/patrons account to auto-populate into templates.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Communication Capture Rate

Has there been any discussion about adding a feature where you can see how many people have opened your email?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Integrate with video meeting software / or stand alone video meeting ability

While creating an activity, the ability to populate a link for for a video meeting software - Teams or Zoom etc. The link will reflect the date and time of the activity. For example, sign up for your 1:1 check in with your supervisor, or schedule your open interview time. The calendar reminder will include the link to the video meeting.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Volunteer Coordinator have the option of sending from different Email address

When the volunteer Coordinator is logged in their personal log and is sending out communication but needs the replies to go to the generic email address - they should have the option to pick which email address the message goes from.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Communications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Email searches should be connected to regular searches in VI.

It seems I have to do 2 separate searches with the same criteria. If I want to search for a group, and then suddenly realize I want to send that group an email, I have to redo the search criteria in the Send Email section. Why can't a search be connected to the Email searches? Even in the Pinned searches, they are separate types.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base